- How do I clear my browser cache in Firefox?
- How do I clear my browser cache in Google Chrome?
- How do I clear my browser cache in Safari?
- How do I clear my browser cache in Internet Explorer 7?
- How do I clear my browser cache in Internet Explorer 8?
- How do I find out my browser version?
How do I clear my browser cache?
Every web browser stores a cache of the websites you visit (e.g. HTML pages, images) to reduce bandwidth usage and server load. This is called the browser's cache.
Clearing it occasionally can free up space on your computers hard drive if it's running low. Since every browser is different, the following sections will outline the steps involved in clearing the cache for several popular web browsers.
- Click the Tools menu, then select Clear Recent History.
- Choose the time range of cache you'd like to clear.
- Click on Details and make sure Cache is checked.
- Once your browser is open, select the Tools menu (the wrench in the upper-right corner) and select Options.
- On the Under the Hood tab, click the Clear Browsing data... button.
- Select the Empty the cache check-box.
- You can also choose the period of time you wish to delete cached information using the Clear data from this period drop down menu.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button
- Once your browser is open, click the Safari menu and select Empty Cache.
- Click Empty.
Internet Explorer 7
- Open IE 7 and click the Tools menu. Click the Delete Browsing History link at the top.
- Under the Temporary Internet Files heading, click Delete files...
- Click Yes when you see the prompt asking if you are sure you want to delete all temporary files.
Alternatively, clear your cache for just the current page you're visiting. Press and hold [Ctrl] on your keyboard, then Press [F5] or click on the Refresh button (square button on the toolbar with opposite-facing arrows).
Internet Explorer 8
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu. Or, optionally you may simply press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window (and skip step 2)
- Click on Delete Browsing History.
- Select Temporary Internet Files.
- Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to delete your temporary files (i.e. clear your cache).
- If you want the browser to automatically clear the cache whenever you close it, click the Advanced tab. Click to check the box next to the Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed option (in the section labeled Security). Click OK. This will delete everything except cookies.
How do I find out my browser version?
To find out exactly which browser you are using go to http://www.iwebtool.com/browser_details and Click the button labeled "View my Internet and Browser details!".
The results will provide your IP Address, Browser/Computer Properties and Browser Headers.